Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pleasure Reading

     So I watch some of correspondents dinner the other night and can I just say that President Obama is hilarious.  The whole night comments were being made about Obama's birth certificate and he finally decided to release a video of his birth.  He said this all with a completely straight face so I had no idea what to expect and then he said that he was going to play it right now, and the next thing I know the intro to The Lion King is playing when Simba is born and it just might be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.  Seth Meyers, the head writer for Saturday Night Live and the anchor for Weekend Update on SNL, also spoke that evening.  He had a lot of great jokes at lots of people's expense and for the most part everyone had a pretty good sense of humor everyone that is except for Donald Trump.  Whenever someone started talking about Trump it would change to a shot of him in the audience and his expression never changed.  I think he only smiled once and that was when the President made a joke about Trump's television show Celebrity Apprentice.
     This was the first time I have ever watched the correspondents dinner, and much to my surprise I actually enjoyed it.  I really have no interest in politics whatsoever and am really bored by the idea of watching important people talk at a big, expensive fancy dinner, but it was pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment