Sunday, May 1, 2011

MMLit Final Reflection

     This semester is almost over and looking back on it makes it seem really short, as is the case with most things.  Before this class I new the importance of incorporating different technologies into the classroom, but I didn't really know how to do it.  This class gave me a new outlook on the class that allowed me to see how essential using multiple modalities is an how easily it can fit into just about any lesson.  The assignment that stands out the most to me from the semester would definitely have to be the multi-genre autobiography, it was a great way to start off the semester with something enjoyable and interesting.  We became closer as a class at the same time as learning how to work with certain online resources that we can use in the future.  I also really enjoyed everything we did in class that dealt with film.  I love film and whenever I think of a lesson I almost always try to think of how to incorporate a film into it and this class really allowed me to see the advantages in doing so.  The class also provided me with lots of great ideas on how to use film courtesy of Costanzo's textbook, Great Films and How to Teach Them.  I really liked this book, it offer an in-depth look into film and how they can be used as educational resources in a classroom.  I wrote my eleventh grade research paper on different films and if I had  had this book at the time it may have made things a little easier.
     I will be taking a lot of valuable lessons from this class that I will keep with me as I continue with my dream of one day becoming a teacher.  I also plan on attending as many film festivals as possible, after having a great experience at the Cleveland International Film Festival.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree about the multi-genre autobiography. Not only did we get to know our peers better, but it helped me connect with all the texts in my life and how they intertwine with each other. I think that's an exercise that can be applied even outside of a multi-modal class. It even makes a great entrance to the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I will take away pretty valuable lessons from this class and I never truly realized how important it was to incorporate technology into our lesson plans, but it makes sense because today's generation are digital learners. Also, one of the important things I learned from this course is that multi-modal does not always mean technology. It is putting an emphasis on different modes of learning.

    ReplyDelete