Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pleasure Reading

     As busy as I have been with my schoolwork and work, I managed to get out and see "Battle L.A." and "Sucker Punch." I wasn't expecting much from "Battle L.A." I figured it would be an apocalyptic alien invasion and nothing more, which it was. They tried to insert some background on the characters which was unnecessary in my opinion. The background of these characters ended up developing into conflict between two of the soldiers in the company that the movie focused on and it really just didn't make sense.  It seemed like "Independence Day" meets "Full Metal Jacket", which I think sounds like an awesome movie, but it truth It could have been much better.  In the end though, if you went into the movie expecting a good action/war flick then you got what you wanted. Overall however, I preferred "Sucker Punch."
     Now this is an action flick.  The latest from Zack Snyder the direct of "300" and "Watchmen" two of my favorite movies from the past couple of years.  I was excited beyond words for this movie.  From start to almost the finish it completely held your attention.  There was either epic fight scenes or moments that left you thinking "did that just happen" around every turn.  The reason I said almost the finish is because the end left a lot to be desired. At one moment I prepared myself to get up because I thought the movie had ended, but it just kept on going. When I thought the movie had ended I was completely satisfied with it and was happy, but instead they dragged it along and milked it for all it was worth. Still, it remained my favorite of the two and one of the best films I have seen so far this year.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment